Accounts & Tax Returns for LTDs

After the end of its financial year, your private limited company must prepare:

  • full ('statutory') annual accounts

  • a Company Tax Return

You need your accounts and tax return to meet deadlines for filing with Companies House and HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC).

File first accounts with Companies House - twenty months after registering with Companies House.

File annual accounts with Companies House - nine months after your company's financial year ends.

Pay Corporation Tax or tell HMRC that your limited company does not owe any - nine months and one day after your' accounting period' for Corporation Tax ends.

File a Company Tax Return - twelve months after your accounting period for Corporation Tax ends.

Your accounting period for Corporation Tax is the time covered by your Company Tax Return. It's usually the same 12 months as the company financial year covered by your annual accounts.

Filing your accounts and tax return

You can file with Companies House and HMRC together or separately.

You must take additional steps:

  • at the end of your company's first year

  • if you restart a dormant company

0 views0 comments